5 Days in Southern Myanmar
Tropical Southern Myanmar is a huge area which ranges from the quiet and atmospheric towns of the Irrawaddy Delta through the beautiful karst mountain scenery and caves, and on down to the stunning, vast and remote Myeik Archipelago in the Andaman Sea.
LM Travel Myanmar designs this package to bring you experience the best of South Myanmar which were once military restricted area.
Day 1: Yangon – Mawlamyine
Excursion to Mawlamyine (7hrs driving), the capital of Mon State with a population nearly 300,000 people. Formerly known as Moulmein, it was once a thriving teak port and the administrative capital of British Lower Burma. Upon arrival, we have a visit at Kyaiktanlan Pagoda, the tallest site of Mawlamyine. Afterward, we have a short drive to the Viewpoint for the gorgeous sunset views of Thanlwin River.
Day 2: Mawlamyine sightseeing
Breakfast at hotel. Start your day with a visit to the morning market where you can explore how locals buy and sell things. Heading to the southern part to Win Sein Taw Ya for the largest reclining Buddhe image in the world. The next stop is Thanbyuzayat cemetery. You could bring flowers and put on the grave for peace and worship. Following is the visit to A Death Railway Museum. The museum contains amongst other things, a piece of track from the original death railway line that was found by the former Australian Ambassador to Myanmar. Finally, return to city and make photo stops of the old colonial-style British houses, a mosque and churches while you are in town.
Day 3: Mawlamyine – Pha An
Breakfast at hotel. Today we leave Mawlamyine to Hpa An. Along the way we enjoy the picturesque scene of Kayin State. Visit the cave of Kha Yon and the famous Mt. Zwekabin with thousands of Buddha images. Continue the tour to Kyauk Kalat – The pagoda was built on the edges of the rock with the impressive scene.
Day 4: Hpa-An – Kyaikhtiyo (Golden Rock)
Today we are ready for the trip to Golden Rock, Kyaikhtiyo. This more than 2,500-year-old pagoda lies on the mountain top (3,615 feet – 1102 meters above sea level). Local legend believes that the power of the Lord Buddha’s hair keeps the Rock balance at the hill edge (even the earthquakes). After 5-hour driving, we arrive at the base camp of Kinpun Base Camp and go up to the Golden Rock by open truck (45 minutes). Finally, we have the light trek to the top and enjoy the sunset from this unforgettable site.
Day 5: Kyaikhtiyo (Golden Rock) – Bago – Yangon
After breakfast at hotel, we leave the Golden Rock for the Ancient City of Bago. It is known as Pegu, the Royal Capital of Myanmar. While in Bago, we visit the town market, 55-metre long reclining Shwethalyaung Buddha (the huge four sitting Buddhas). A stop at the Mon-style Shwemawdaw Pagoda is recommended. Before reaching Yangon, we pass by Taukkyan War Cemetery, the resting place of over 27,000 Allied World War 2 soldiers. In the late afternoon, we travel back to you hotel in Yangon. Check-in and farewell with your guide and driver.
- English speaking Throughout guide
- Car with air-conditioning and driver for mentioned program
- Entrance fee or zone fee in each city for mentioned program
- Toll fee and fuel charges for car
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Water and snow towel on tour
- Government tax and service charges
- Camera fee
- Travel insurance
- Airport tax
- Personal expenditure such as drinks, laundry and others
- Transaction fee
- Tips for guide, driver and others
For Group Tour
- More than 35 to 45 days prior to departure, No cancellation fee
- 34 to 14 Days prior to Departure, 50 % of Total tour cost
- 13 – 7 Days prior to Departure, 80% of total tour cost
- 6 Days prior to Departure, 100 % of total tour cost
- No show– 100 % of total tour cost.
Note : We will not refund Transaction fee
- Travel Documentation
All clients must be in possession of a valid passport and necessary visas or permits at the commencement of travel. All such documentation is the sole responsibility of the client. Your travel advisor may assist you in applying for the necessary travel documentation upon request. LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd. accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the failure of clients to obtain appropriate documentation.
- Health Requirements
Clients should take into account all international travel risks and familiarize themselves with health requirements applicable to the areas they intend to visit. The client is solely responsible for checking the safety and security conditions, vaccination, and other health requirements of governments in countries visited or transited.
- Luggage Allowance
In accordance with regulations of the General Administration of Civil Aviation of Myanmar, the free baggage allowance within Myanmar is 20kg for the economy class, 30kg for the business class, and 40kg for the first class, plus limited carry-on luggage. Excess baggage charges are the sole responsibility of the client
Note: the above language allowance not applied with budget Airlines.
We highly recommend that you purchase full coverage travel insurance from you country of origin.
- Complaints and Claims
Should you feel unsatisfied with any service LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd has provided, please notify your local tour guide or your travel advisor to avoid the potential for similar problems happening again during your trip. You may contact operation department at email@example.com or call at +95 9421 7236 82 immediately.
You can contact LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd via the web form from www.lmtravelmyanmar.com, email, fax, or phone. If for any reason, you fail to receive any reply from LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd in regard of your tour status within 48 hours from the time you submitted the request for booking, modifying, or canceling a tour, please contact LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd customer service center at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at +95 9421 7236 82 immediately to ensure that we are able to deal with your enquiry under the terms of our Terms and Conditions.
- Liability & Responsibility
- LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd provide tour information and Myanmar tour bookings. LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd publish travel information and services gathered from the selected quality hotels, air ticket agencies and tour companies & operators. LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd will not be responsible for errors, emissions or inaccuracies in information provided by third party providers.
- LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd shall not be responsible for any wrongful or negligent or fraudulent, omissions, changes of itinerary, cancellation or the failure of any equipment operated by those suppliers or any other party not directly owned or controlled by LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd.
- LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd shall not be liable for any loss, injury, or damage to person or property, alteration of itineraries or cancellation in part or in full, caused by climatic conditions, sea fire, breakdown of machinery or equipment, acts of government or other authorities, wars whether or not declared, civil disturbances, strikes, riots, thefts, epidemics, quarantines, medical or customs regulations, terrorist activities, or any other actions, omissions or conditions beyond LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd ‘s control. Neither LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd nor any of its affiliates or subsidiaries shall be or become liable or responsible for any additional expenses of liability sustained or incurred by the tour member as a result of any of the aforementioned causes
- LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd are not responsible for a client’s failure to comply with customs regulations.
- LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd are not responsible for the theft or loss of any customer’s valuables or items of personal property due to the negligence of the customer.
- LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd reserve the right to substitute hotels, flights, or cruise ships, cars and guides depends on the situation.
- Many of LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd tour packages include activities which require care and attention. Such activities include boarding and going ashore from boats, climbing hills and entering and exiting tombs and caves etc. You will receive help and advice from our representatives but all activities are undertaken at your own risk. LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd, its employees and agents cannot be responsible for any action or event that occurs after its said employees and agents have exercised their duty and taken the necessary care.
- LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd reserve the right to modify or rescind the terms and conditions in whole, or in part at any time with or without notice.
- Modification or Discontinuance of Service
LM Travel Myanmar Co Ltd reserve the right to modify or discontinue service to clients who do not follow our company policies and behave illegally or objectionably toward its employees and agents. Offensive behavior includes behavior which is obscene, racially offensive or of a sexual nature.